A house for all
The historical atmosphere of our hundred-year-old house is stirred up by children's laughter like dust particles in the sunlight. And whether you are looking for peace and quiet or want to experience adventures: Only when romping children elicit a smile from you and the hustle and bustle throughout the house gives you a feeling of being at home, have you fully arrived at the Holzner.
As a founding member of the Familienhotels South Tyrol, the hotel's offerings, in hardware and software, have been geared to the special needs of families since the early 90s. The Holzner family now has a full thirty years of experience in offering families an unforgettable vacation.
their ownAt Holzner you will find almost everything you could wish for a successful family vacation: From the high-quality, daily children's program, the large park with adventure playground, pools and play areas, to children's play and dining rooms in the house, to the complete room equipment even for the smallest. But to offer the whole family and all generations with their varied needs an unforgettable vacation, you willf ind much more than that at Holzner: retreats for those seeking peace and quiet, culinary delights at the highest level, the Liberty Spa, tennis courts, mountain bike rental and fitness offers for the active. That is why we define ourselves as a family, culture and gourmet hotel for all generations.Discover our services for adults
At Holzner we provide all-round equipment for families with children, whether in your room, in the dining room or for activities around the house.
- In your room we can provide cribs and baby beds, baby monitors via house phone and cell phone with maximum range, baby baths, potties, stools, changing tables, diaper pails, children's toilet seats and bottle warmers.
- Child seats, bibs, painting materials and baby bouncers are available for you in the dining room.
- For walks and hikes you can use the in-house and high-quality buggies and baby carriers.
- In the three round-the-clock accessible tea kitchens you can heat up and chill small items.
Indoor & outdoor play areas
Whether in sunshine or rain, early in the morning or in the evening: Our spacious play areas offer room to romp, play and experience adventures for every age group.
- Spacious indoor play areas: Holzidrago's Circus Tent with lots of toys, the Circus Express and craft corner; Kids Diner for supervised children's table; Kids Casino with table tennis and teen lounge; Teen Gym with mini indoor field hockey, table hockey, bowling alley and climbing wall.
- Beautiful outdoor play areas: In the 10,000 m2 park, your children will find room to romp and experience adventures. And when not running across the large meadows and playing hide and seek among the trees and flower beds, they can feed bunnies, goats and alpacas in the petting zoo, build sandcastles, slide and swing in the adventure playground. The wooden horse-drawn carriage in front of the entrance lasts for hours of make-believe trips, as does the wooden airplane at the west end of the park
Fun is our top priority! That's why our children's program is all about playing, preferably outdoors. But we are also convinced that sometimes children have the most fun when they can learn something exciting and satisfy their curiosity. With our Holzidrago team, your children will make unforgettable memories.
- Varied, high-quality and age-appropriate childcare seven days a week with the qualified Holzidrago team with unforgettable experiences for young and older children from 3 years old.
- Daily supervised children's table with the delicious menu for small connoisseurs followed by fun and games until 9 p.m.
- Once a week family hike for the whole family with great adventure games in the woods and meadows with hearty South Tyrolean picnic together with the Holzner family
- Three times a week family program for all family members
sports & adventures
Around the Holzner you can enjoy countless outdoor activities while your children have adventures in the beautiful South Tyrolean nature.
- Under adult supervision, your children can use the two clay tennis courts in the park, which are playable all year round, depending on the weather. As part of the children's program, there are regular trial lessons with our tennis coach.
- The free mountain bike rental with high-quality bikes in various sizes, helmets and children's seats invites you to bike tours with the whole family. We will be happy to personally recommend a suitable tour for your family.
- With the regular, guided hikes to the most beautiful places on the Ritten and throughout South Tyrol with our hiking guide or the Holzner family itself, there is always something for smaller hikers. In addition, every week the family hike for the whole family with great adventure games in the woods and meadows with hearty South Tyrolean picnic takes place together with the Holzner family.
- On the bocce court, playable from May to October, the whole family can play a relaxed tournament of this Italian classic.
- We have a large collection of hiking suggestions and will be happy to advise you personally so that you can make unforgettable hikes for the whole family.
- In the depot in the garage you can store your own sports equipment and find rental strollers and carrying backpacks, mountain bikes and e-bikes, lockable lockers and boot dryers.
- A hiking backpack with refillable glass drinking bottles awaits you in your room.
Little gourmets can eat to their heart's content at the Holzner. After the delicious breakfast, which leaves nothing to be desired by children, they can refresh themselves all day at the juice bar in the play area and in the evening a very special children's menu awaits them, served either at the children's table or at the table with their parents.
- Famously delicious breakfast buffet for young and old with fresh bread, South Tyrolean bacon and cheese from the region, delicious jams, fresh juices, honey and farm butter, fresh fruit, yogurt, breakfast cereals and mueslis and free-range eggs from the farmer in the village, with which our breakfast chef creates delicious waffles or pancakes as demanded.
- Based on the gourmet menu for adults, our kitchen team prepares fresh, yet child-friendly delicacies and favorite dishes from the best ingredients of the region in the evening. The evening menu for little gourmets is served both at the children's table and at the table with the parents.
- For our smallest guests we are happy to prepare fresh baby food from natural and healthy ingredients.
- In summer our little guests love the weekly garden barbecue with lots of fresh salads, meat and fish specialties from the grill, and above all the wonderful dessert buffet.
for the whole family
Generous open spaces and invigorating relaxation await you in the Family Spa, while parents and grandparents find deepest relaxation in the Liberty Spa next door. In the spa areas at Holzner, every member of the family will find well-being and relaxation.
- With a pool length of twelve meters (indoor pool) and 16 meters (outdoor pool), the two interconnected pools in the Family Spa area are open daily from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and are heated all year round - thanks to our bio-heating plant, which also makes this comfort possible in terms of sustainability.
- The family saunas, a bio sauna and a steam bath, in the Family Spa operate daily from 3 pm and are suitable for adults and children alike.
- Families have their own family relaxation room in the Family Spa with selected picture and children's books, a view of the park and the South Tyrolean mountains, and direct access to the sunbathing lawn by the pool.
- Toddlers and babies splash around in the small baby pool.
- A spa basket with cozy bath towels for each family member awaits you in your room.
for Family excursions throughout South Tyrol
At Holzner you and your children over six years receive the RittenCard. The card is valid from the day of arrival up to and including the day of departure and offers you countless possibilities for excursions and experiences on the Ritten and throughout South Tyrol. The most important services of the RittenCard are:
- Unlimited use of all public transport in South Tyrol including the Ritten narrow-gauge railroad and the Ritten cable car (children under six use public transport free of charge).
- Admission to about 80 museums and collections in South Tyrol (Ötzi Museum, Messner Mountain Museums, Plattner Bee Farm, mines...).
- A daily ascent and descent with the cable car in the hiking and skiing area Corno del Renon
- Swimming in the Wolfsgrubner lake and the public swimming pools in summer, entrance to the ice hockey games of the Rittner team in winter
CULTURE FOR SMALL
The Holzner is a house of living culture and history, and we celebrate that with great experiences and events for cosmopolitans of all ages.
- As part of the children's program, we offer, among other things, program points with the themes Creative Workshop, Fabulous Soup Pot and Adventure, where children have unique cultural experiences with local experts.
- Free access to the house museum in the attic with interesting displays on the history of tourism in the area, the family and Architectural history of the hotel with a large amount of historical visual material
- Jazz concerts and brass band music, culinary theme evenings and a busy village life offer entertainment for young and old throughout the year
Fly fishing Day trip
Experience a full day introduction to the art of fly fishing on the most beautiful waters in South Tyrol.
Whether beginner or advanced - Leonhard von Guggenberg introduces the art of fly fishing to young and old alike in around 8 hours in front of the impressive scenery of South Tyrol's most beautiful waters (Passer, Ahr, Rienz or Talfer).
The offer includes:
The offer includes:
- 8 hours of guiding
- Casting course
- Knot tying
- Reading the waters
- Insect lore
- 10 flies/person
- Rental of fly rod and fly reel
- Organisation of the day ticket and fishing licence
Plus day ticket for different waters Euro 35 to 50 per person
Plus fishing licence South Tyrol Euro 16 per person
Plus transport to the waters Euro 15 per person
Plus boot rental Euro 15 per person
Swimming lessons with our highly qualified trainers, per unit
High-quality e-mountain bike rental
1 training unit with our tennis coach
1 lunchbox and hiking map