The joy of
At Holzner you will find a peaceful space for each member of the family, yet the historic house is open for romping around and playing. We define family vacation not as a break from each other, the focus is rather to offer unforgettable experiences for the whole family and to create a place of timeless beauty where all members of this family can experience recreation, joy and community.
Of course, this also means that we have quite a lot to offer for our young guests, from playrooms and playgrounds in the park to the great children's program, from high-end cuisine for small gourmets to unforgettable experiences in and around our beautiful house.
Fun comes first in the daily children's program at the Holzner! After all, you and your children are on vacation with us and not on an advanced training program. That's why our children's program is all about playing, preferably outdoors. It is also important to us that the children sometimes develop their own group dynamics and freely create their own games and play worlds.
Nevertheless, we are convinced that children sometimes have the most fun when they experience something new and learn something exciting, when they become more aware of the world around them and satisfy their curiosity.
Another concern of ours is to offer family vacations, and providing time together for all members and generations of a family. Therefore, three times a week we offer programs for the whole family, big and small, old and young.
On the trail of nature
We discover and experience Ritten Mountain’s wonderful nature around the Holzner and beyond: we visit farms and learn where milk and eggs come from. We stroll into the forest and discover plants and animals. Or we simply experience how great it is to feel the vastness and variety of nature.
Creative workshopA time for arts and crafts! We learn a variety of techniques, and create wonderful things: t-shirt prints, lanterns, kites or water wheels, there is no limit to our imagination. We love getting creative with natural materials, which we often even collect ourselves.
Scrumptious stockpotWe enjoy cooking and eating together. Sometimes, even chef Stephan Zippl helps us to cook delicious meals. In doing this, we learn where our food comes from, what is naturally edible, and discover new taste sensations.
Sports & AdventureTo us, playing and physical activity is a matter of the heart. Being outdoors, romping, running and taking part in sporting events represents the lion’s share of our children's program. Scavenger hunts, climbing, bocce tournaments, tennis and singing together around a camp fire, there is no end to the fun possibilities!
Our best holiday offers
for your family vacation
A paradise for kids:
Our beautiful vast park offers space for romping, playing and seeking adventure from early morning until late at night:
- In the 10,000 m2 car-free park, children find space to romp and experience countless adventures.
- Large meadows, old giant trees and flower beds, as if it was made solely for playing hide and seek.
- In the petting zoo your children can feed bunnies, goats and alpacas.
- In the adventure playground they will build sand castles, slide and swing.
- The wooden horse-drawn carriage outside the entrance lasts for hours of make-believe rides, as does the wooden airplane at the west end of the park.
Blessed with the natural beauty of our surroundings, the splendid view at the Holzner has evolved into a thoughtful vision. From 2022, your vacation at the Holzner is climate neutral. We received the Condé Nast Johansens Award for Excellence in the category "Best for green practices" for our sustainability concept.Our sustainability concept
In the house, all children have free use of our spacious playrooms:
- In Holzidrago's circus tent there are many great and high-quality toys, the circus express and a large craft corner, where in bad weather or in the evening the children's program often takes place.
- In the Kids Diner right next door, children enjoy the menu for little gourmets at the supervised children's table.
- In the Kids Casino, older children enjoy playing table tennis or chilling out in the Teen Lounge.
- In the Teen Gym, indoor field hockey and table hockey, the bowling alley and climbing wall are the place to be.