The Holzner is located at an altitude of 1200 meters in the idyllic summer retreat of Oberbozen on the southern slope of the Ritten plateau with its breathtaking views of the South Tyrolean Mountains. The nearby cable car connects Oberbozen with the South Tyrolean capital, Bozen, and leaves the station at 4-minute intervals.
THE CABLE Car
RIGHT NEXT DOOR
Right next to the Holzner you will find the mountain station of the Renon cable car, which connects Oberbozen with the provincial capital of Bolzano every four minutes and thus offers our guests the extraordinary comfort of simply leaving the car behind and reaching the center of Bolzano pleasantly and stress-free in only about 15 minutes.
The historic Renon narrow-gauge railroad, meanwhile, connects the villages of Himmelfahrt, Oberbozen, Lichtenstern and Klobenstein. It is not only a means of transport, but also a historical unicum. Built in 1907 at the same time as the Parkhotel Holzner, the historic little train still chugs over the Ritten and offers a magnificent view of the mountains and the Ritten itself.
CardAt Holzner you will receive the RittenCard for the entire duration of your stay. The card is valid from the day of arrival up to and including the day of departure and offers you countless advantages. The most important benefits of the RittenCard are:
- Unlimited access to all regional public transit in South Tyrol, including the Railway Renon and Cable Car Renon
- Free entry to around 90 museums, castles and galleries in South Tyrol
- One round trip a day on the Gondola Corno del Renon
- Comprehensive cultural, hiking and outdoor agenda on the sunny Renon plateau and mountain
- Swimming in the summer, skating and hockey in the winter